Last Modified: 02/18/2021
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
What User Data We Collect
When you conduct business with us, visit our website, leave a review, or sign up for a mailing list, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address
- Your contact information and email address
- Other information such as interests and preferences
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs
- To improve our services and products
- To provide support for requested products and services
- To deliver technology-based educational material
- To send you promotional emails and marketing content containing information we think you will find interesting
- To invite you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research
- To support our legal and compliance obligations
We will not use your personal information for any other purposes without first disclosing such purposes when we collect the information and provide you the opportunity to consent.
Do we Share Your Personal Information with Others?
We may share personal information with third-party service companies that perform business and administrative operations for CLARK or provide services that help us carry out our mission. These services include:
- Content Management Systems (CMS) necessary to serve website content
- Email and marketing automation provider as necessary for sending emails to our users
- Providers of payment processing and accounting, as necessary to process payment from our users
- regular communications with clients
- managing educational programs
- data management software
- processing direct mailings to you
- managed IT systems
- other bodies as required by law or regulation.
Our third-party service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purposes other than as necessary to provide the specific services described above or as otherwise provided by law. In addition, we require that our service providers treat your personal information with the same degree of care we use.
Laws and Legal Rights
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule, law, subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other valid legal process. We may also disclose personal information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to detect fraud or to protect the safety and/or security of our members or the public.
Reservation of Rights in the Case of Cessation of the Business
We may transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a cessation, dissolution, sale, merger, or other transfer of all or substantially all our assets, or if we discontinue or otherwise dissolve our business.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Clark Computer Services is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We do everything in our power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and criminal disclosure of the data we collect by implementing the latest technologies and software to safeguard the information we collect online.
We use session ID and persistent cookies, and tokens. Session ID cookies and tokens are usually deleted when you log-out of a service or close your browser or expire after a short time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a set period of time or until you delete it. For example, a persistent cookie will record that you responded to our cookie notification message when you arrived at our website and not bother you again with that pop-up for a certain period of time.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems. Please note that cookies do not allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide you with a better experience.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser per the instructions in the links below.
We may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow the use of our online platforms. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate our platforms but are not associated with personal data and are not used beyond the session.
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone.
Links to Other Websites
CLARK Embraces Fair Information Practices Under the GDPR for All Users
Where possible, we agree to adopt and will adhere to the fair information and transparency practices found in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (also known as the “GDPR”). Whether a resident of the EU or not, we agree to the following rights for personal information held by CLARK:
- You may request, subject to our legal obligations and other legitimate interests, that we not share your personal information with third parties.
- You may request a copy of the personal information we currently hold about you and direct us to correct this information as necessary.
- You may request that we delete all personal information we currently hold about you, subject to our legal obligations and other legitimate interests.
- You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if we are unable to resolve your data protection complaints.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us using the contact information supplied in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will respond to requests as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
CLARK has no regulatory obligations under the GDPR to appoint a data protection officer (DPO); therefore, we have not appointed a DPO. The GDPR sets out guidelines on when the appointment of a DPO shall be required as follows:
- Where the scope or purpose of collecting data requires a regular systematic monitoring of data subjects;
- Where CLARK processes special categories of data on a large scale;
- Where the processing is carried out by a public authority.
CLARK does not meet any of these criteria. For questions regarding data protection, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org